CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Vintage Limo Monologues #2: The Suspense

Now that the purchase was made, the realization sinks in. I just purchased an 1985 LIMO from a person I don't know and I am holding the title in my hands. Is this car really OK? Is it going to break down in 3 months? Surprisingly this didn't bother me - I was convinced it was OK, but it bothered my friend. The next day he took it to the mechanic to have it checked up on. Thirty minutes later we had the diagnosis -

The issue the seller had told me about was actually BETTER than he had described. Instead of the entire front exaughst needing repaired and replaced it was just one piece of the system. They did it in a half hour and gave the rest of the LIMO a clean bill of health.

The mechanic's two comments were, "Someone has been working on this a lot and there are a lot of new things. It looks great" and "So, someone has a new toy now?"

I called up Phil to tell him the good news. After all - if not for his hard work the past 5 years I wouldn't have this great car. He was happy to hear it and mentioned that he had actually put about "Z" amount of dollars into fixing up the car - about four times as much as I paid for it. Wow. But I sort of figured it was something like that. The car was just too nice.

So now everyone is happy. Friend is happy that I did not buy a limo lemon and I am happy that he can sleep again and that I don't have any more repair bills to look forward to in the near future....speaking of which...I have a great idea...

0 comments: