CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Vintage Limo Monologues #3: The Costume

Some people dress-up for their husband or their friend or for weddings or other special functions. I have always enjoyed "dressing up" and playing "dress up" but now I find that I am dressing up for the car. One day last week I found myself unable to leave the house when I realized my reluctance was that I "didn't look good enough" to drive the limousine. Anyone who knows me will get a big laugh out of this.

I am the girl who knitted herself a sweater our of wool and wore that same sweater every day as a coat during college in Chicago. I am the woman who loved living in Saudi Arabia because those black cloaks I had to wear over my clothes were just perfect when I didn't feel like changing out of my pajamas that day...anyway, you get the idea...

So, I found myself feeling self-conscious about going out without being dressed properly. Out came the Norma Kamali coordinated outfits and the cute purses that have been sitting in my closet for five years (I had this idea 5 years ago I might actually venture into using more than one purse but it never worked out. I love my beat up ole leather guy). Out came the matching shoes (that was another idea I had. I've worn black flats for the past 24 years and thought perhaps it was time to change?) and I was ready to go.

Although one day last week I wasn't feeling in such a good mood and I actually embarked on a limo errand wearing only my black cotton stretch pants and a green Mountain T-shirt emblazoned with a big fairy in the middle of a meadow. I rushed the limo down to the post office to get the errand done and I got some interesting looks. I imagine people thinking "Why is there a limo parked at the post office and why does the lady driving it look like a Renaissance Fair reject?"

As I was telling my friend, Kim, the story of my improper attire she said in mock horror "Oh , how could you?!" I told her, "You might be joking with me, but you have no idea how seriously I have been taking this!" I am not sure how things will develop here...but I do have to admit I didn't feel quite right wearing a T-shirt to drive so if you see me walking around town looking like I've been invited to have lunch with the governor then I am probably just driving the limo that day.

2 comments:

emma jacob said...

Benefits of the Airport limo in long island do not need to describe here as most of the people are aware of the benefit of it and that is why company like Limo rentals is in top of the news today. Having a perfect limo is the dream of many people today and that can be fulfilling today with the introduction of Limousine service in long island

John Phillips said...

This is really great, I am very much. Impressed by this, This is really a good work. Keep it up!
car rental