CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Vintage Limo Monologues #5: Branching Out

Believe it or not I am very shy. Well, not as much as when I was a kid...I've trained myself to overcome my "shyness instinct"...but sometimes it is hard for me to approach total strangers!

Three days ago I saw an elderly man walking home in the rain so I offered him a limo ride home. It turns out he did not speak English but since I have lived overseas I was able to sign-language him what I meant. At first he did not understand and then pointed to his apartment complex (which was just across the street) but when I explained more what I had been asking he just got the biggest smile on his face! Although it turned out he didn't really need a ride it made me happy knowing that I made him smile and perhaps he feels a bit more welcome in America :)

0 comments: