CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

101 Uses for a Vintage LIMO #10: TO MEET MEN

I can' tell you how many men have come up to me and asked me about the limo and started conversations with me. I actually feel guilty. I am a mom with three kids and I am really not interested in meeting men. But I have a lot of gal friends who might be. Perhaps I should lend them the limo for the day?

Anyway, these are my two most memorable meetings:

1. A month or two ago I was at the gas station. The limo was all washed and I was feeling all happy with it and it was a nice day and I was smiling. A gorgeous young man came up to me and started asking me questions about the car. I was happy to share. I am fascintated with the car myself so it is interesting to learn more about it and what other people know about cars (This is coming from someone who used to identify her last car as "purple"). So I chatted on happily and very flattered that this gorgeous young hunk about half my age would even talk to me. Then, as I was taking out the gas line and getting ready to get back into the car he asked me if I would be interested in hearing about The Church of....

Ah! That explains the suit! And I guess he could smell my "vanity" a mile away. Good method though. I fell for it! Cute guy, flattery...who could resist?

Too bad I had to drive off somewhere on an important errand.

2. Two days ago I was parking my car in the grocery store parking lot and the gentleman who was putting the carts away stopped me. "Yah trying to save money on gas?" He laughed. I laughed back. "Yah right! But I don't drive much actually. I work from home so I drive only a couple times a week." Then he started to talk about the car "You know if you got a new paint job and fixed it up and..."

I had to speak up to defend my baby! Oh, she does not need new paint. She is just dirty from sitting in the snow for a couple weeks. Just needs a new cover or some repair there. And the inside is completely re-done. Ok, I can't believe I am defending a CAR!

He looked at me skeptically and continued his imaginary repairs, "...and then you could be a limo driver!" he finished with flourish.

"I already am," I replied, "I have 3 kids I drive around all the time."

Well at least I've graduated. I used to have a bumper sticker on my car that said "mom's taxi" so now I can say I am "mom's limo". Cool!

0 comments: