CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Vintage Limo Monologues #6: Learning Self Care

You know how they make kids dress in those frilly little tight-shoed outfits to go to Sunday School? There is a reason for that! When you are dressed so nicely there is just someting that happens to you...in your mind you feel less capable of messing around and fidgiting. I used to think "I look silly wearing this pretty dress and playing in the mud or swinging my feet or...whatever".

The same thing happened to me driving the limo. Now, perhaps it is just me. Perhaps it is all those years wearing frilly dresses in church that prepared me for this moment. But however it happened the moment has finally come when I can say that I am cured. Cured from 23 years of not bring able to keep my car washed. Cured of abusing every car I owned!

Because when I had a "car" it seemed to me fine that it was not always washed. And you know the ole "make the bed" theory...why make the bed when you are just going to mess it up again at night???? Well, I always thought the same about my cars. I would wash them when it started to get dark inside because of the build up on the windows!

But there is something about looking at a dirty limo that is just "wrong" somehow. It looks sad, weird, strange, not "right". I can't quite put my finger on it but in my head there is this stereotype of this shiny white limo and when it isn't shiny it just looks like...well, not a car and not a limo. I don't KNOW what!

So we went through the drive-through. Mr. Car wash offers wash with all the bells and whistles and all you have to do is put your car in neutral, roll up the windows and watch the pretty chemical filled soap in various colors rain down on your car. Funny, we were the only limo there today...but everyone else had a dirty car too - so we had at least one thing in common!

0 comments: